Edit Student Class
Note: the Attendance, Assignments and Averages pages are irrelevant and therefore hidden if the student is auditing the class (the student has been assigned a non credit grade.)
- Repeat: "Yes" if this is a repeat course. This information is printed on the transcript. "No" otherwise.
- Replaced: "Yes" if the grade the student received in this class is replaced/superseded by the grade they received in a "Repeat" class. This information is used when computing the student GPA and earned credits. The checkbox is disabled when College Office is configured to automatically manage this status (see the My Institution screen.)
- Starts: start date of the student in the class. By default, this is the same as the Class start date.
- Ends: end date of the student in the class. By default, this is the same as the Class end date, otherwise it is the withdrawal date of the student from the class.
- Grade: final grade of the student in the class. The list of available grades is defined via Grades in Setup.
- Credits: number of credits student receives for the class. By default this is the number of credits of the class (which is itself by default the number of credits of the course.)
- Status in Class: status of the student in the class. The list of available statuses is defined via Student Class Statuses in Setup.
- Delivery Method: course content delivery method if applicable. By default this is the delivery method of the class or the default delivery method of the student during the term. The list of available methods is defined via Delivery Methods in Setup.
- Internal Note: you may need to scroll down the screen to see this field used to record any internal note. The bottom of the screen also display the number of times the student is Present, Late, Absent or Excused in the class.
The page shows:
- the student Final Grade (if available) and Final Average
- the average of the student in each assignment type. Each row shows:
- The weight of the assignment type.
- The name of the assignment type.
- inc. if the student has some non-optional non-graded assignments in that type.
- the average of the student in the type.
Averages are computed automatically by College Office as you record assignment grades.
The Final Grade can be either recorded manually or computed by College Office from the Students page of the Class View screen.
This page lets the user view and/or grade all the class assignments of the student. Click on an assignment to record a grade or a comment via the Gradebook Entry screen.
Note: this page lets you grade all the assignments of a single student. To grade all students of a single assignment use the Assignment View screen accessed from the Assignments page of the Class View screen.
You will need to click and drag the bar under the tabs to show this page.
This page lets the user view and record attendance for all the class sessions of the student. Use the drop down list to the right of each session date and time to record the attendance of the student for that session. Do not forget to click on the upper right to save your changes.
Comment or report problem with topic