SEMAFOX is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the US Federal Trade Commission and complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union and the United Kingdom to the United States in reliance on Privacy Shield.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, SEMAFOX commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact SEMAFOX by emailing us at: email@example.com or by writing to SEMAFOX at 630 Charles Street Ave, Towson MD 21204, USA
SEMAFOX has further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU Data Protection Authorities (DPAs) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning data transferred from the EU.
Pursuant to Article 27 of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), SEMAFOX has appointed European Data Protection Office (EDPO) as its GDPR representative in the EU. You can contact EDPO regarding matters pertaining to the GDPR:
- by using EDPO's online request form: https://edpo.com/gdpr-data-request/
- by writing to EDPO at Avenue Huart Hamoir 71, 1030 Brussels, Belgium.
An individual has the possibility, under certain conditions, to invoke binding arbitration for complaints regarding Privacy Shield compliance not resolved by any of the other Privacy Shield mechanisms as detailed in Section C of Annex I of the Privacy Shield Framework.
EU data subjects have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the EU.
SEMAFOX shall remain liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if its agents process personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, unless SEMAFOX proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
- We only use the personal information stored and collected via College Office to provide the service of College Office to our customers and their authorized users.
- We do not share this information with any third party, but we use the services of third party technology companies to store encrypted copies of the data or its backups.
- We may disclose your personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We only send emails to inform you about changes of policy or features or other issues with the system we deem important: you cannot opt out of these emails.
- You can view the personal information stored about yourself in College Office by clicking your name on the upper left corner of the home page. Your academic & financial records can also be accessed from the home page.
- Contact your institution if you want to correct or remove information stored about yourself.
- We take all reasonable measures to protect your information from unauthorized access and from loss, but we cannot guaranty that loss or unauthorized access will never occur.
- Your information is stored and processed in a data center in the USA if your institution is located outside of Europe, or in a data center in Germany if your institution is located in Europe.
- We use 'essential' cookies (technically required small text files saved by your browser to manage your access to College Office.) No non-essential cookies are used.
- We may change this Policy at any time, but we will let you know.
- If you have questions about the privacy of your data contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The rest of this document explains those points with more details
When you create a Customer Account we will collect certain information that can be used to identify and contact you, such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number. As indicated in Section 2 below, similar information will be collected from the individual employees designated as Customer “account administrator”, “billing contact”, or other Authorized Users.
We only use this information to provide the Service of College Office to our Customers and their Authorized Users.
If you are using College Office in your capacity as a Customer, you can access and modify certain information associated with your Customer Account via your Customer Account. If you want to delete any such information, you should contact us at email@example.com with your request. We will take steps to delete the applicable information as soon as is practicable, but some information may remain in archived/backup copies for our records or as otherwise required by law.
We collect both “Non-Personal Information” and “Personal Information” about you.
“Non-Personal Information” includes information that cannot be used to personally identify you, such as your gender, date of birth, marital status, and zip code.
“Personal Information” includes information that can be used to personally identify you, such as your name, address and email address.
We only use this information to provide the Service of College Office to our Customers and their Authorized Users. We will never use it for any other purpose.
If you are an Authorized User, you can access the Personal Information associated with your Account via your Account. In order to modify the Personal Information associated with your Account however, you must contact the Customer directly. If instructed by our Customer, we will take steps to delete the applicable information as soon as is practicable.
Your personal and academic data is retained in College Office for as long as your institution chooses to keep it: ask your institution about their data retention policy. Once your data has been deleted from College Office by your institution it may remain in archived/backup copies for our records (up to 1 year) or as otherwise required by law.
Users can access all their personal information on record in College Office via their web portal. To view your personal information click your name of the upper left corner of the home page.
You will never receive emails from College Office for marketing purposes or emails asking you to share or verify any personal information or user login information: if you do, those emails are a fraud, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also receive communications from your Institution via College Office. Contact your Institution if you wish to opt out of these communications.
Cookies are small text files that are saved by your browser when you access College Office. We only use essential cookies (cookies that are technically required for the site to operate.) You will not be able to log into College Office if you configure your browser to reject cookies.
We do not share any information with any third party except as described below:
We use the services of third party companies which provide us with cloud servers and/or data storage. These companies all conform to current data privacy laws and our data is always encrypted.
If we go out of business or enter bankruptcy or if we are acquired as a result of a transaction such as a merger, acquisition or asset sale, your Personal Information will be transferred to the third-party acquirer in connection with the transaction to enable such third-party acquirer to continue to provide the services of College Office to our Customers and their Authorized Users.
It is our policy to protect you from having your privacy violated through abuse of the legal systems, whether by individuals, entities, or governments, and to contest claims that we believe to be invalid under applicable law. However, it is also our policy to cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties. Accordingly, we reserve the right to disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary:
- To satisfy or comply with any applicable law, regulation, or legal process or to respond to lawful requests, including subpoenas, warrants, or court orders
- To protect our property, rights and safety and the rights, property and safety of third parties or the public in general
- To prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal or unethical or in violation of our Terms of Service
When handling student education records as defined by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), SEMAFOX will abide by the limitations and requirements imposed by 34 CFR 99.33(a). SEMAFOX will disclose student education records as directed by school officials, or in order to comply with a court order, subpoena, or other legitimate demand by government authorities.
We implement reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices in order to protect your Personal Information and ensure that such Personal Information is not accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such precautions. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
Our services are hosted in data centers located in the United States and in Germany. If your institution is located outside of Europe, your Personal Information will be transferred to a data center in the United States and processed there. If your institution is located in Europe, your Personal Information will be transferred to a data center in Germany and processed there.
College Office does not knowingly collect Personal Information from people under 18. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information of a person under 18, we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
We are not responsible for the collection of Personal Information of children by our Customers and their Authorized Users. It is the responsibility of our Customers and their Authorized Users to utilize College Office in a manner that complies with FERPA and any similar regulations in force in the jurisdiction(s) within which our Customers operate.
Tel: +1 443 937-3621
630 Charles Street Ave
Towson, MD 21204 USA
Comment or report problem with topic