Assignment Type View Screen
This form shows the attributes of the assignment type, the class assignments of thst type and the student averages of this assignment type for the class. The form has 3 pages: Details, Assignments and Averages.
The page shows:
- The name of the assignment type at the very top of the form.
- The class identified by its course, section and term
- Min Grade: minimum average the student must have within this type to pass the class. Though a student may have a passing final average, they may still fail the class if they have an average below this minimum within this type. (Example: though a 60% average would normally give the student a passing grade, you may require an average above 70% in the "Test" assignment type.)
- Low Grades Ignored: enter 1 if you want to ignore the lowest grade within the assignment type when computing the student average within the type. Enter 0 if you do not want to ignore any grade, enter 2 if you want to ignore the 2 lowest grades, etc.
- Weight: weight of this assignment type when computing the final average of a student in a class. When College Office computes the average of a student in a class, it first computes the average of the student assignments for each assignment type and then computes the final grade by averaging each assignment type average according to the weight of the assignment type. Note that each assignment can also have its own weight within the type to which it belongs.
Click the Edit button on the lower right to edit this information via the Assignment Type Edit Screen.
The page lists all the class assignments of this particular type.
Click on the lower right to add a new assignment of this type via the Assignment Edit Screen.
Click on a tile to view and grade the assignment via the Assignment View Screen.
This page shows the average of each student for all class assignments of this type based upon the weight of each assignment within the type. The word partial to the left of an average means that some assignments of this type have not yet been graded for this student.
Those averages are blue because they are automatically computed by College Office in the background. You may need to refresh the page via the refresh button of the browser to show the most current values if you have recorded or changed student grades via the above Assignments page.
Comment or report problem with topic