Edit My Institution
Use this page to record the name, address, website, email address, telephone and fax that will be either displayed to users or printed on some reports.
Two memo fields are recorded via this page: the Public Description Of Your Intitution and the Email Signature used at the bottom of the emails generated by College Office.
You will need to scroll down in order to access all the fields on the page.
Use this page to record various settings that affect the way College Office operates.
- Generate Personal ID: select "Yes" if you would like College Office to auto generate the person identifier "Person ID", "No" otherwise. College Office will generate the Person IDs according to the pattern defined in the PERSON record on the Increments page of the My Institution screen. Default Class Duration (minutes): default duration of a class session in minutes.
- Set Full Time Status: select "Yes" if you would like College Office to automatically set the Full Time status of students by comparing their number of credits attempted with the Full Time Credits value to the right.
- Users Upload Their Picture: select "Yes" to allow users to upload their profile picture.
- Users Edit Their Primary Email: select "Yes" to allow users to edit their primary email address in College Office. Set this to No if the primary email address is given to the students by your institution.
- Users Edit Their Secondary Email: select "Yes" to allow users to edit their secondary email address in College Office. Set this to Yes if the secondary email address is the students personal email address.
- Users Edit Their Mobile Number: select "Yes" to allow users to edit their mobile number in College Office.
- Students Upload Documents: select "Yes" if students can upload documents to their student record, "No" otherwise.
- Document Max Size (Kb): maximum size (in kilo bytes) of a document that can be uploaded or scanned into College Office. The larger the amount you allow, the greater your storage needs in College Office could be.
- Full Time Credits: number of credits required during a term for a student to be considered Full Time.
- Teachers Record Attendance: select "Yes" to allow by default teachers to record attendance. This is only a default value which can be overridden at the class level via the Edit Class Instructor screen.
- Teachers Modify Assignment Types: select "Yes" to allow by default teachers to edit the assignment types of their classes. This is only a default value which can be overridden at the class level via the Edit Class Instructor screen.
- Teachers Record Grades: select "Yes" to allow by default teachers to record grades for their classes. This is only a default value which can be overridden at the class level via the Edit Class Instructor screen.
- Auto Attendance: this feature is used to reduce the work of instructors when taking attendance. Attendance records are always assigned by default to Unknown and it is normally the instructor's responsibility when taking attendance to set them to either Present, Late, Absent or Excused. With this feature, you can instruct College Office to automatically set Unknown attendance to either Present, Late or Absent a set number of days after the class session has happened (this number of days is set via the Auto Attendance Delay in Days field to the right.) So, if you want you instructors to only record Late or Absent students and assume all others are Present, set Auto Attendance to Set to Present so that all records marked Unknown will automatically be set to Present. Set Auto Attendance to Do Nothing if you do not want to use this feature.
- Auto Attendance Delay in Days: the Auto Attendance described above runs daily shortly after midnight EST. If you want the process to set the attendance of class sessions that happened previous day, set Auto Attendance Delay to 1 (or 0, it will have the same effect), if you want the process to set the attendance of class sessions that happened 2 days previously, set Auto Attendance Delay to 2, etc...
- Payment Service: this is used to configure the online payment options of the students if this feature is available to your institution (contact us if you want it.) The options are:
- Disabled: if you do not want to offer students the option of paying their bill online via College Office.
- Braintree Payments or Authorize.Net Payments: if you want to offer students the option of paying their bills online directly from within College Office via either one of these 2 third party payment processors. The benefit of using this option is that all payment record will automatically be recorded into College Office. In order to use this option you will need to create an account with either Braintree (a PayPal subsidiary) or Authorize.Net (a Visa subsidary) and record your credentials in the Merchant ID, Public Key and Private Key fields on the Custom page of the My Institution screen. Check Open an account with either Authorize.Net or Braintree in the Online Registration help topic of the Knowledge Base for more details.
- Redirect to single URL: use this field to redirect students to a single payment portal. You will need to record the web address of this portal in the Payment URL field on the Custom page of the My Institution screen.
- Redirect to individual URL: use this field to redirect students to a customized payment link which is unique to them. This link is recorded in the Payment URL filed on the Custom page of the Person screen. If you also enter a web address in the Payment URL field on the Custom page of the My Institution screen, then College Office will generate the Student Payment Web Address by concatenating the two fields.
Comment or report problem with topic