This form is used to create a message that will be broadcasted to the individuals defined by the target group.
Once you have defined the target group and entered the message, click the save button on the upper right to broadcast it, or click to cancel without sending the message.
Messages created from the Class View Form are sent to the students of a class. They can be created by the registrar or by any instructor of the class.
- The class is defined by its Term, Course and Section
- Grade Level: select a grade level to restrict the target to the students of a specific grade level, leave empty to target all students.
- Exclude Audit Students: check yes to exclude audit students from the broadcast.
- Exclude Withdrawn Students: check yes to exclude withdrawn students from the broadcast.
- Gender: leave blank to include students of any gender or restrict to a specific gender
Messages created from the Messages form are sent to target groups beyond the students of a class. They are exclusively created by a registrar.
The visibility of certain fields depends the selection made in other fields.
- Term: target students of a specific term.
- Grade Level: target students of a specific grade level (only available once you select a term.)
- Course and Section: target students of a specific class (only available once you select a term.)
- Exclude Audit Students: only visible if you are targeting the students of a class: should audit students be included?
- Exclude Withdrawn Students: only visible if you are targeting the students of a class: should withdrawn students be included?
- Program: target the students enrolled in a specific program.
- Graduation: target the students of a specific graduation.
- List: target the members of a list (only active members based on their enrollment start and end date are included.)
- Gender: target people of specific gender.
Recipients can furthermore be targeted according to various statuses. If a status category is left empty, then recipients are not targeted according to that status category. To add targeting statuses click the button on the lower right and select the category of status you want to include (Admission, Term, Program or Class Status) and then add one or more statuses of that category.
- Admission Statuses: target students with those admission statuses.
- Term Statuses: target students with those term statuses (only visible if you have selected a term.)
- Program Statuses: target students with those program statuses.
- Class Statuses: target students with those class statuses (only visible if you have selected a term.)
Note: the more conditions you add, the more restrictive the filter is. Leaving all conditions empty will broadcast a message to all students with a current admission record (according to the start and end dates of the admission record). The filter will also automatically be restricted to current admission records if you filter on programs, admission statuses or program statuses without filtering on term, list or graduation.
Check the Target Group Examples topics for examples of how to target specific groups of individuals.
This page is used to define the content of the message.
- Subject: enter a subject/title for your message
- Body: enter the body of the message.
Use this page to attach documents to the email message that will be sent to the recipients: for each attached document a hyperlink is added at the bottom of the email that lets the recipient directly download the document from our server.
Warning: any person to whom the links are forwarded will also be able to download these documents!
Click the on the lower right to add a new document via the Attachment Edit Form:
Then click (where the red arrow points) to open the form that lets you create a document record in College Office:
Click Choose File (the wording may vary depending on the browser you use,) to upload a file from your local computer or network. You can also enter an internet address in the Web Link field and/or some text in the Memo field. All the information you enter will be displayed at the bottom of the email sent to the recipients:
- If you upload a document, the recipient will have an hyperlink pointing to this document.
- If you enter an internet address in the Web Link field, the recipient will have a hyperlink pointing to this internet address.
- If you enter some text in the Memo field, this text will be displayed in the email.
When you are done, click the button on the upper right to create the document record in College Office, then click again on the upper right of the Attachment Edit Form to attach the document to the message.
Comment or report problem with topic