This form is used to create a message that will be broadcasted to the individuals defined by the target group.
Once you have defined the target group and entered the message, click the save button on the upper right to broadcast it, or click to cancel without sending the message.
The look of this page depends of whether the message is created from from the Class View Form:
... or from the Messages form:
The page is used to define the target group of the message. The visibility of certain fields depends also on selection made in other fields.
- Term: target students of a specific term.
- Course and Section: target students of a specific class (you must have selected a term.)
- Exclude Audit Students: only visible if you are targeting the students of a class: should audit students be included?
- Exclude Withdrawn Students: only visible if you are targeting the students of a class: should withdrawn students be included?
- Program: target the students enrolled in a specific program.
- Graduation: target the students of a specific graduation.
- List: target the members of a list (only active members based on their enrollment start and end date are included.)
- Gender: target people of specific gender.
Recipients can furthermore be targeted according to various statuses. If a status category is left empty, then recipients are not targeted according to that status category. To add targeting statuses click the button on the lower right and select the category of status you want to include (Admission, Term, Program or Class Status) and then add one or more statuses of that category.
- Admission Statuses: target students with those admission statuses.
- Term Statuses: target students with those term statuses (only visible if you have selected a term.)
- Program Statuses: target students with those program statuses.
- Class Statuses: target students with those class statuses (only visible if you have selected a term.)
Note: the more conditions you add, the more restrictive the filter is. Leaving all conditions empty will broadcast a message to all students with a current admission record (according to the start and end dates of the admission record). The filter will also automatically be restricted to current admission records if you filter on programs, admission statuses or program statuses without filtering on term, list or graduation.
Check the Target Group Examples topics for examples of how to target specific groups of individuals.
This page is used to define the content of the message.
- Subject: enter a subject/title for your message
- Body: enter the body of the message.
Comment or report problem with topic