The page shows the details of a class session:
- Name of the class as identified by its course code, class section and term.
- Open refers to the status of the term.
- Date Time or Session: identifies the session either by its date & time (for Live classes) or by its session number (for Recorded classes).
- Room: room where class meets if applicable.
- Instructor: instructor assigned to the session.This screen is used to manage the details of a class session, including taking student attendance (note that audit students are excluded from attendance.)
- Duration: session duration in minutes.
- Virtual Room: web address for remote class meetings (using Zoom or similar technology.)
- Meeting code: code or password required by the virtual room.
- Title: title of the session
- Description: description of the session teaching objectives
Click on the lower right to edit the session details.
This page lets you manage the documents (downloadable documents or online documents such as a YouTube link) attached to the session.
Click on a row and select OK to remove that document.
Click on the lower right to add a document to the session.
Note: you can reassign a document to a different session from the Documents page of the Class screen.
This page lets you manage the assignments which are due on that session.
Click on a row to view that assignment via the Assignment screen.
Click on the lower right to add a a new assignment due on that session. You can either create a new assignment or select an already existing assignment.
This page lets you manage the attendance of the students for that session.
Click on a row to edit the attendance of that student.
Click on the lower right to record the attendance of all students at once. The system asks you to choose between Record Each Attendance or Set All Attendances At Once.
- Select Record Each Attendance to record a potentially different attendance for each student.
- Select Set All Attendances At Once to set at once the attendance of all students to the same value.
Tip: College Office can be configured by your system administrator so that all Unknown attendances are automatically changed to either Present or Absent after a configurable delay in days.
Note: this screen lets you record the attendance of all class students for one sessions, to view or record the attendance for all sessions of one student see the Student screen.
Comment or report problem with topic