Edit Class Session
The appearance of this screen depends on whether the session is linked to a schedule or is floating (not linked to a schedule.)
- Duration: duration (in minutes) of the class session.
- Title: title of the session.
- Description: description of the session teaching objectives.
- Instructor: instructor assigned to the class session. Click to the right to select one of the class instructors.
- Room: room where the class meets. The list of available rooms is defined via the Rooms screen.
- Virtual Room: web address for remote class meetings (using Zoom or similar technology.)
- Meeting Code: code or password required by the virtual room.
A session that was automatically generated by College Office from a class schedule is called a linked session: its date & time can only be changed via the class schedule that generated it. You can unlink the session from its class schedule by clicking the Unlink button (do not forget to click afterwards, otherwise the session will remain linked). Once the session is unlinked, it becomes a floating session and you can then modify its date & time (and the changes made to the class schedule that originally generated it will no longer be propagated to this session.)
Note: only Live classes have a schedule, the sessions of a Recorded class are always floating and are identified by a number rather than a date & time.
A floating session is either a session that was automatically added to a Recorded class based upon the number of sessions of the class, or a session directly created from the Sessions page of the Class screen, or a formerly linked session that was unlinked.
Comment or report problem with topic