Transaction Edit Form
This form is used to record or edit financial transactions. The appearance of the form depends on the nature the transaction.
All transaction have the following fields in common:
- Type: is either charge, payment, credit or refund.
- Date: date when the transaction was recorded.
- Void: set to "Yes" to void the transaction, "No" otherwise.
- Person: name of the person (student or other) of the transaction.
- Post Date: transaction post date (effective date.)
- Description: transaction description if applicable.
- Admission: if the person is a student, this field refers to the student admission record via its ordinal number (usually 1, see Admissions for more details). Click to the right to select an application record of the student. When creating a new transaction from the Admission View Form or the Term Enrollment View Form, the value is pre-filled with the corresponding admission record.
- Term: if the person is a student, this field refers to the term of the transaction if applicable. Click to the right to select one of the terms in which the student is enrolled. When creating a new transaction from the Term Enrollment View Form, the value is pre-filled with the corresponding term.
- Note: use this field to record an internal note on the transaction.
Charge and Credit transactions also have the following fields:
- Product: product for with charge or credit is issued. The list of available products is defined via Products in Setup.
- Quantity: number of "units" of product or service charged or credited.
- Unit Price: price per unit (always a positive number, whether for charge or for credit.)
- Program associated with this transaction if applicable.
- Course and Section of the class associated with this transaction if applicable.
Payment and Refund transactions also have the following fields:
- Payment Method: payment method used for the payment or refund. The list of available payment methods is defined via Payment Methods in Setup.
- Amount: amount of the payment or refund (always a positive number, whether for payment or for refund.)
Comment or report problem with topic