ADMINISTRATION -> Finances -> Transactions -> Edit Transaction
This screen is used to record or edit a financial transaction. The appearance of the screen depends on the type of the transaction: charge, payment, credit or refund.
All transaction have the following fields in common:
- Date: date when the transaction was recorded.
- Void: set to "Yes" to void the transaction, "No" otherwise.
- Post Date: transaction post date (effective date.)
- Term: if the person is a student, this field refers to the term of the transaction if applicable.
- Person, ID: name & ID of the person.
- Description: transaction description if applicable.
- Internal Note: use this field on the Note page of the screen to record an internal note on the transaction.
Charges & Credits
Charge and Credit transactions add the following fields:
- Item: product or service for with a charge or a credit is issued. The list of available items is defined in Items.
- Quantity: number of "units" of item charged or credited.
- Unit Price: price per unit (always a positive number, whether a charge or a credit.)
Payments & Refunds
Payment and Refund transactions add the following fields:
- Amount: amount of the payment or refund (always a positive number, whether for payment or for refund.)
- Payment Method: payment method used for the payment or refund. The list of available payment methods is defined in Payment Methods in Setup.
Comment or report problem with topic