Class View Form
This page displays the basic details of the class as well as its instructors.
- Open or Closed refer to the status of the academic term of the class (see the Term Edit Form topic for more details.)
- Course title of the class
- The class is defined by its course, section and term. The purple color of the term lets you know this is a hyperlink: click on the term to view all its information via the Term View Form.
- Start Date: start date of the class, by default this is the start date of the term.
- End Date: end date of the class, by default this is the end date of the term.
- Credits: number of credits of the class, by default this is the number of credits of the course.
- Seats: maximum capacity of the class
- Class Size: number of students enrolled in the class. The Class Size is automatically computed by College Office as indicated by the blue color.
- Delivery Method: class default delivery method if applicable. Delivery methods are user defined via the Delivery Methods screen in Setup.
Click on the lower right to add an instructor via the Class Instructor Edit Form.
Click on the lower right to edit the class details via the Class Edit Form
Click on an instructor to edit or remove the instructor or its privileges via the Class Instructor Edit Form. The red asterisk * indicates the primary instructor.
This form lets you define a schedule for the class. College Office uses this information to automatically generate all the sessions of the class (that is the points in time when the class meets), taking into account the days when your institution is closed as recorded via the Holidays form.
Each tile shows:
- Day of the week when the class meets
- Time of day (using 24h format) when the class meets
- Duration of the meeting in minutes
- Frequency of the weekly meeting (every week, every 2 weeks, etc..)
- Instructor assigned to that schedule
- Room assigned to that schedule
Click on a tile to modify the schedule via the Class Schedule Edit Form. College Office will automatically propagate the change to the related class sessions.
Click to add a new class schedule item via the Class Schedule Edit Form.
This page displays all the class sessions (points in time when the class meets) that were automatically created by College Office based upon the class schedule. You can also create a floating class session (not linked to any defined schedule) by clicking on the lower right.
Click on a class session to view or edit its details and its related attendance information via the Class Session View Form.
Click on the lower right to create a new floating session (not linked to any defined schedule) via the Class Session Edit Form.
This page lists all the students of the class. Each tile shows:
- Student name. The purple color of the name lets you know this is a hyperlink: click on the name to view the student information for the term via the Term Enrollment View Form.
- Student final grade if applicable.
- Attendance statistics: number of times present, late, absent and excused.
Click anywhere on a tile outside the purple hyperlink to edit the student class enrollment record via the Class Enrollment Edit Form.
Click on the student name (purple link) to view the student term enrollment information via the Term Enrollment View Form.
Click on the lower right to record the final grades of the students. Select either Record Final Grades to record the final grades manually, Compute Final Grades to let College Office compute the final grades from the graded class assignments, or Assign Single Grade to assign the same grade to all students at once.
Note: When College Office computes the final grade of the students in the class, it first computes the weighted averages of the students for each assignment type and then computes the final average as a weighted average of the assignment type averages. This final average is rounded to the closest whole number and then matched to the corresponding final letter grade.
Click on the lower right to record the final grades of the students all at at once. Select either Record Final Grades to record the final grades manually or Compute Final Grades to let College Office compute the final grades from the graded class assignments: College Office computes the weighted averages of the students for each assignment type and then computes the final average as a weighted average of the assignment type averages. This final average is rounded to the closest whole number and then matched to the corresponding final letter grade according the Lower % and Upper % values assigned to Grades in Setup (see also the Class Assignments help topic.)
Note: you may also record a single grade via the Class Enrollment Edit Form by clicking on a tile except the purple hyperlinked student name.
Click to enroll a student in the class. College Office will display the list of students enrolled in the term who are not yet enrolled in this class: just select the student you would like to enroll and complete the enrollment process via the Class Enrollment Edit Form. If the student you would like to enroll in the class is not already enrolled in the term of the class, you can enroll them in the term by clicking Enroll in Term on the upper right of the form that displays the students already enrolled in the term.
The page is divided into 2 parts:
The upper part of the page shows the assignment types assigned to the class. Click on a tile to view the attributes of this assignment type for this class, as well as the class assignments of that type, and the student averages for this assignment type, via the Class Assignment Type View Form. Click the button on the lower right labelled Type to add a new assignment type via the Class Assignment Type Edit Form.
Check Gradebook and Assignment Types for more details on assignment types.
The lower part displays all the assignments of the class. Each tile shows:
- Assignment Type
- Assignment title.
- Date work was assigned.
- Date work is due.
- Weight of the assignment within the type when computing the student class average for the corresponding assignment type.
Click the button on the lower right labelled Assignment to add a new assignment via the Assignment Edit Form.
Click the button on the lower right labelled Import to import into this class the assignments and/or documents of another class of the same course in the same term: the logged in user must a teacher of both classes. The system lets you select the class from which to import the assignments and/or documents.
Click on a tile to view the assignment details and record student grades via the Assignment View Form.
This page displays all the documents that have been attached to this class. Some documents may be assigned to specific assignments, while others may be simply assigned to the class in general (such as a syllabus.)
Click on the file name (purple) to download the file or on the hyperlink (blue) to navigate to the online document. Click anywhere on the line outside of either link to edit view more information about the document via the Class Document Edit Form.
Click on the lower right of the screen to upload a new document or a new link. Depending on how your institution has configured College Office, you may be restricted in the size of the document that can be uploaded.
This page displays all the email messages that have been broadcasted to all the students of the class who have an email address on file. Each tile shows:
- Subject of the broadcasted message.
- Date and time when message was created.
Click on a tile to view the details of the message (subject, body, list of recipients) via the Message View Form.
Click on the lower right to broadcast a new message to the students of the class via the Message Edit Form (you may select to exclude audit and/or withdrawn students.)
Comment or report problem with topic