Program Requirement Edit Form
This form is used to edit a requirement of a program of study. A requirement is either a single course or a number of credits out of a range of courses defined by a common subject and optional course level. For example:
- Student must take course CC101 Introduction to Counselling.
- Student must take 6 credits out of any courses classified under the subject Human Behavior.
- Student must take 6 credits out of any courses of level 500 or higher classified under the subject Human Behavior.
- Term: order of the term when this requirement should be fulfilled. For example, all requirements which are expected to be fulfilled during the 2nd term of study will have the number 2.
- Specialization: leave blank if this is a core requirement which applies no matter the specialization. Select a specialization if this requirement is specific to this specialization. (Note: if a requirement applies to 2 specializations out of 4 available specializations, you will need to create one requirement for each of these 2 specializations.)
- Course and Title: select a specific course by clicking to the right if the requirement consists of a single course. In this case Subject, Min Level and Max Level should all remain empty, while Credits will be the number of credits of the course.
- Subject: select a subject (a group of courses) if this is a flexible requirement where the student is expected to fulfill a certain number of credits from the group of courses represented by this subject. See the Subjects help topic for details on how to create a subject and group several course under this subject. You may further restrict the acceptable courses in the subject by specifying a course level below.
- Min Level: minimum level of the courses. Use this in combination with a subject to further restrict the list of acceptable courses.
- Max Level: maximum level of the courses. Use this in combination with a subject to further restrict the list of acceptable courses.
- Credits: number of credits the student is required to earn from the above group of courses. If the requirement is a single course, then this is the number of credits of that course.
Note: a requirement is either a specific course or a number of credits from a group of courses defined by a subject and an optional range level: it cannot be both!
Comment or report problem with topic