This screen lets you add a student record or edit the basic information of an existing student record.
The screen looks different whether you add a new record or edit an existing record. When adding a new student record you must select a Student Status, but this field is not visible when editing an existing record: use instead the Student screen to modify the Status of an existing student record.
The upper left of the screen displays the student name preceded by a number, usually 1, such as 1 Stephanie Carrey: the 1 means this is the first student record of that person, 2 would mean this is their second student record. You can click on this number to change its value if needed.
Most people admitted in your institution will only have one student record, but they could have more. Suppose that a student comes to your institution to get a bachelor and graduates, and then 3 years later returns to get a master: the recommended way to handle this would be to create a second student record when they return to your institution for their master since they would have to go through a new admission process. Another way to handle it could be to keep the original student record, but to enroll them in a new program of study:
- If you create 2 student records you will have 2 transcripts, one for each student record, and each transcript will only contain the courses and programs taken under the relevant student record.
- If you keep only 1 student record, then all courses and programs will be listed under a single student transcript.
The fields on the screen are:
- Status: status of the student. This field is only visible when creating a new student. You modify the status of existing students via the Student screen.
- Effective Start Date: date when admission record became effective or active
- Effective End Date: date when admission record is no longer active (student stopped or completed their studies.)
- Last Date of Attendance: last date the student attended a class (used by some institutions for reporting purposes.)
- Campus: campus into which the person is admitted if applicable.
- Previous College Experience: "Yes" if student has previous college experience, "No" otherwise. This information is used for reporting purposes.
- Former Institution: former institution student attended before applying to your institution. Click the button on the right to select an institution. If the institution does not already exist, click the New Institution button to create it.
Comment or report problem with topic